SiteGround is a web hosting provider and it became immensely popular in the last decade. SiteGrounds offers a range of services. It served us from shared hosting, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS, and reseller hosting, to dedicated hosting and enterprise hosting.
SiteGround was founded in 2004 and the founder is Tenko Nikolov. SiteGround is private ownership and the employers in the company are more than 400 and more than 1.7 million domains are hosted worldwide.
The striking feature of SiteGround is that it serves small enterprise clients, starts up and bloggers. SiteGround can be found at an affordable price and it has advanced security. It provides smart custom solutions.
The main aim of SiteGround is it doesn’t compete like another web hosting, rather it competes with itself in order to improve itself daily. The company of SiteGround is truly based in Sofia, Bulgaria and they serve users across the globe.
In three continents, SiteGrounds data location is found, namely North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
Day by day SiteGround is improving itself, all of its features are very thrilling and useful.
Table of Contents
What are the Hosting Plans for SiteGround?
There are three types of Hosting Plans for SiteGrounds. All the plans of SiteGround come with fully supervised hosting. They are stated below.
StartUp: The price for this plan is $6.99 per month. The features for this plan is, you can pay 10,000 monthly visits, the webspace is 10GB. Data transferred is unmetered. Other than that, you can freely drag and drop weekly site builders. Free CMS install, free email accounts, unlimited MySQLDB, unlimited sub and parked domains, friendly site tools can all be done in this plan. It also offers 30 Days money-back guarantee. This is the most affordable one for you and is applicable for those who have one site.
GrowBig: The price for this plan is $9.99 per month. The exciting features for this plan are you can visit 25000 monthly visits. The webspace is 25GB. There is an unmetered data transfer. Multiple websites can be hosted here. Other than that, free drag and drop Weebly site builder, free CMS install, free email accounts, unlimited MySQLDB, unlimited sub and parked domains, friendly site tools can all be done in this plan. It also offers 30 Days money-back guarantee.
GoGeek: The price for this plan is $14.99 per month. You can pay a monthly visit of 100,000 times. It offers staging features. Total webspace is 40 GB. There is an unmetered data transfer. There is an unmetered data transfer. Other than that, free drag and drop Weebly site builder, free CMS install, free email accounts, unlimited MySQLDB, unlimited sub and parked domains, friendly site tools can all be done in this plan. It also offers 30 Days money-back guarantee.
Other than these three plans, SiteGrounds also provides 4 cloud hosting plans.
- The Entry plan is $80 per month.
- Business is $120 per month.
- Business Plus is $160 per month.
- Super Power is $240 per month
You can pay a visit to their official website to find out their plans and offers and whether they are offering any discounts or not.
You can recharge the plans by using Debit Card, Debit Card, Visa etc. Even PayPal is also accepted. The recharge option of 2 to 3 years is being provided by SiteGrounds. Obviously, you will get a good amount of discount on it. You have to keep in mind that the StartUp plan only comes with static caching and the other two plans like GrowBig and GoGeek plans to come along with all the static, dynamic as well as Memcached caching.
Now you have to decide which SiteGround Hosting is best for you. You can choose according to your desire and you always have the chance to upgrade yourself to different plans whenever you feel like it.
But I must say that if you are running an HTML site or simply static, then go for the first plan, which is a StartUp plan. It is the cheapest plan and comes under your budget. Later if you want, you can shift to other plans. Second plan GrowBig is also good and advisable if you are eager to have WordPress, Joomla or any CMS powered site. For the GoGeek plan, one should be recommended that time only when you are thinking of having an eCommerce site or if you need to open WordPress or Joomla staging and Git features. It is the premium and the costliest plan of all. You can change your plans any time of the month, it is not that you have to stick to your plan once you have recharged. Choose accordingly to your needs.
What are the SiteGround Features?
SiteGround has some exciting and mind-blowing features which will attract the users to use it. The features are all stated below.
- SiteGround is built on Google Cloud. The server infrastructure plays a pivotal role in how in different geographical locations, the website can perform. Google Cloud is best known for its fast and powerful network service. So, Siteground too works very efficiently in Google Cloud.
- Another striking feature of SiteGround is that it has an exceptional response time. Recently, the server of SiteGround is available to different locations which include Chicago, London, Amsterdam and Singapore. The benefit of using SiteGrounds is that you will face any server problem, that is why there will be no disturbances and interruptions in your meeting with foreign client’s.
- It is not possible for any web host to offer 100% uptime but SiteGround offers us 99.99% uptime. It seriously never gives any downtime. Siteground is having server isolation technology on their shared hosting. This is beneficial as a hacked website will not bring any effect to other websites on the other websites. It will not hamper any privacy. SiteGround uses monitoring software which does the task of notifying whenever any fault occurs or whenever there is an outrage and they solve that problem then and there. So the annual average uptime in one whole year or 365 days is 99.996%.
- Another special feature of SiteGround is that it offers Supercacher, it is the latest technology, which is developed by its in-house team. Your blog will load faster because it adds several layers of caching. No other web hosting has offered this mechanism so far.
- Another notable feature of SiteGround is the quick response. The user will not feel annoyed as it takes less time in starting. It provides exceptionally fast server load times. It takes an average of 190 milliseconds over a period of 6 months. In another word, we can say that the data stored in your computer and the information in your site, both will come instantly.
- The server system of the SiteGround is so fast that the clients can get access to multiple data centres which are located in different parts of the world. Mention should be mentioned that they are having their data centres in Chicago, Amsterdam, Milan, Singapore, Sydney, Frankfurt, London etc. When you are signing in to SiteGrounds, you have the alternative to choose in which place exactly you want to store your place.
- Security is the major thing that every individual seeks. SiteGround comes to the crowd because of its security availability. The site isolation ensures that your site is absolutely safe and protected and there is no negative impact on it. All the servers of SiteGrounds support HTTP/2 which is one of the latest technologies and it has a secure option in the higher range. Many web hosting does not possess such technology, only SiteGround offers such. The clients will receive protective patches which a new threat emerges. In order to know about every detail of your websites, SiteGround regularly runs on malware scans and viruses. This service of SiteGround is loved by all the users because no other web hosting sites provide so.
- SiteGrounds has reached globally, though its headquarters is in Bulgaria, still, it is accepted worldwide. SiteGrounds have a global perspective which makes them highly accessible to companies and individuals across the globe. They accept all sorts of currencies, like US dollars, Euros, Australian dollars, Indian Rupees, British pounds etc. They also provide a Spanish language page and a toll-free number in different kinds of locations. It becomes very easy because they nowadays also offer country-specific domain names which make the task easier for local companies who will choose the domain name of that specific country. So now Sitegrounds no longer requests for a free domain name when you are signing up.
What are the Pros?
- Provides Bandwidth unlimited.
- WordPress installation in just one click.
- Technical support includes WordPress experts, which means a one-stop-shop for hosting and WordPress solutions.
- Provides high security at every level.
- First hosting to support PHP7
- Offers free SSL using LetsEncrypt.
- Can get customer support instantly.
- Provides Free website backup and migration
- Affordable pricing
- Provides Supercacher technology
- Includes PHP 7.3 hosting
- Includes SSD Hosting.
- Provides 30-day money-back guarantee.
What are the Cons?
- Provides Limited Data storage.
- Data is restricted over-usage policy.
- Procures Limited design options
- New features cannot be added.
- Suspension and cancellation of blogger service can be anytime by Google.
- You will not receive frequent updates and latest features.
SiteGround became one of the most popular web hostings for the last decade. It possesses all the features that other web hosts don’t have. That is why SiteGround is so popular. Other than that, there are many plans according to your need.
Till now there is no complaint about SiteGrounds. This web host is working on the disadvantages which it is having now. Hopefully, they will overcome this problem soon.