Are you hovering over to find an alternative to SiteGround? Then trust me, you are on the right page.
The chances that you want to change the Siteground hosting might include the following:
- The current change in their features
- The increased renewal price
- You want to explore something else that’s similar and better
Whatever the reason may be, there are dozens of options for you to choose from. And which ones are genuinely comparable to Siteground might confuse you a bit. Therefore, in this article, we will share our five top alternatives choices for Siteground hosting.
Along with the detailed review and comparison, we will further guide you to understand why you should consider an alternative to Siteground hosting.
So, without further ado, let’s dive right in.
Table of Contents
Why Consider SiteGround Alternatives?
There are many causes why you should start looking for a better alternative to Siteground. And before that, you should know why Siteground is considered the best hosting provider.
Siteground provides high-class performance and optimization options that help users improve their technical SEO. They have a plugin similar to WP Rocket (one of the best caching plugins for WordPress) known as SG Optimizer. It adds additional optimization options to your digital home.
Secondly, Siteground is upgrading to better features to provide a premium experience to the users. These features include collaboration with the cloud infrastructures, staging environment, more advanced dashboard, etc.
So, it’s vital to know why you should still need an alternative instead of all the good things about Siteground.
If you ever used Siteground hosting, you might know that they offered pretty affordable shared hostings. However, from 2020, there is a change in their price tag. It has increased to double.
The price point for a startup plan is $3.99 per month, which is $6.69, and $10.69 per month for grow big and go geek plans, respectively.
However, previously, if you were choosing the three years plan at a time, the price point would remain the same for all three years. And with the update, this option is changed, and you can only get the hosting service at the lowest price for the first year.
Further, they have a high renewal price which isn’t affordable for some.
Complex CPU limits
Whether you are attracted to Siteground hosting because of the unlimited resources option, let me tell you that there’s no such thing. And all the shared hosting providers who claim infinite resources are sugarcoating the truth.
And at the same time, Siteground has complexity with their CPU usage limits which are pretty confusing how to resolve.
No access to CPanel
The next thing for which you might consider an alternative to Siteground hosting is CPanel access. Old users better know that Siteground was coming with the Cpanel, and recently, they kissed goodbye to that access for the users.
They have a custom dashboard available now.
Issues with the support system
Siteground was familiar with its support system before, which no longer remains fabulous. And this is a critical point why people quickly want to jump from their service to other available options.
Regardless of the kind of website you are creating, you always will require strong support from the hosting providers. This is especially true for non-techy users.
TTFB performance is slow
The last reason you should look for other hosting options than Siteground is TTFB performance. TTFB means “time to first byte”, which measures a website’s performance. And as per a statistic by Backlinko, Siteground has the worst TTFB performance.
These points are critical enough to know more about its alternative so that you can quickly jump during the need.
5 Best SiteGround Alternatives & Competitors (Cheaper & Better)
We have these top options as the alternative to Siteground hosting:
Our first priority as the alternative to Siteground hosting is Cloudways. You will get some comparable options with Cloudways hosting.
With Cloudways, you can get a virtual private network for whichever cloud server you choose without paying a considerable amount.
You can pick from Digital Ocean, Vultr, Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, and Linode. You might be wondering, why don’t you directly purchase a cloud hosting from these companies.
Well, it’s technical to use them directly, and that’s why Cloudways is working as a middle man to provide services for making the work easier for you.
Further, unlike other cloud server providing hosting companies who offer a high price tag, Cloudways provide you with services at an affordable range.
The pricing point for Cloudways varies from one cloud server to another. However, the minimum pricing is $10/month for the digital ocean cloud server for unlimited websites.
The top features they offer;
- Managed security
- 24/7/365 support system
- 24/7 real-time monitoring
- Five cloud servers to choose from
- Scale as you go option
- Automatic backups
- Cloudways has 60+ data centers
- Consumer-friendly payment methods
- 3-days free-trial option without credit card checkout
How is it comparable to Siteground?
- Both are reliable options.
- The scale-as-you-go option allows you to move when your site requires a larger space with lots of traffic. It’s exclusive to Cloudways!
- Cloudways is affordable as a VPS hosting provider. On the other hand, you might feel Siteground is expensive (in the case of cloud servers).
- As per some experiments, Cloudways speed is better even without optimization.
- You must purchase additional features like email and CDNs at a separate cost.
- They don’t sell domain names. So, you have to purchase and connect domain names manually.
- Support is quite average.
- You mightn’t get a humane feeling.
Starting from 1996, Dreamhost has been leading the shared hosting industry and is one of the top alternatives to Siteground.
If you’re wondering why it is an alternative, they have some standard features that we will describe soon.
You will see two kinds of shared hosting plans at Dreamhost such as;
- Shared Starter
- Shared Unlimited
The shared starter plan is excellent for anyone just starting with a professional website. Here you will get;
- One website with a free domain name registration
- Unlimited traffic
- Unmetered bandwidth
- 50GB SSD storage
- Free SSL
And more which you can directly know by visiting their site.
On the other hand, the shared unlimited site provides an additional offer of email hosting at your domain. Further, you will receive;
- Unlimited Websites
- Free domain name registration
- Unlimited traffic and bandwidth
- Unlimited SSD storage
- Free SSL
If you have a good traffic website that you want to migrate to Dreamhost, then “Dreampress” is another option you can check.
The shared starter and shared unlimited pricing starts at $2.95/month if you are a new user. Otherwise, the pricing is $6.99 and $12.99 per month.
How is it comparable to Siteground?
- It is shared hosting with a much cheaper pricing point.
- It has a pretty similar support system level.
- You will get a free domain name which you can’t get with Siteground.
- Performance and security-wise, Siteground is a better choice.
- It also has a custom dashboard, and it’s not for a person who wants to host with CPanel.
- You won’t get a staging tool.
If pricing is not a constraint while choosing an alternative to Siteground, then Kinsta is an option for you.
Kinsta was founded in 2013 and currently running smoothly with 23,000+ customers. And they claim to have the best performance no matter what type of business you are running.
Kinsta has thousands of clients from 128 countries. And their support system is meant for five different types of language speakers.
Further, they claim a 99.9% uptime and have 29 data centers all around the globe. This seems pretty remarkable.
If we talk about the features;
- You will get a dedicated server with each plan
- They have Cloudflare enterprise-grade protection. So, you don’t need to overthink third-party CDN.
- 24/7 support
- People claim to get a decreased load time after switching to Kinsta
- Google cloud server
- Custom caching setup
- Great for geeks with Nginx, PHP 8.1, LXP, Complete software container solution, MariaDB, and Amazon Route 53 premium DNS
- Weekly automatic database optimization for swift speed.
- Excellent security options like automatic backups, DDoS protection, Cloudflare CDN, Free SSL, two-factor authentication, and SFTP/SSH protocols.
- User-friendly dashboard interface.
How is it comparable to Siteground?
- You will get free SSL, daily automatic backups, a staging environment, and many high-level features similar to Siteground hosting.
- Pricing is on the higher side. It offers one WordPress install with 25,000 web visits and 10GB disk space at a $30/month starter price.
- Similar to Siteground, it also provides a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- Kinsta only offers WordPress as a CMS.
- Higher price tags
- No email hosting
- No phone support
4. A2 Hosting
If you love using the cPanel in the older version of Siteground, then A2 Hosting is an alternative you can pick.
With A2 hosting, you can check every other detail directly through their dashboard and the Cpanel login.
It has 11 server locations and two primary data centers to choose from. They have four service plans: startup, drive, turbo boost, and turbo max. Out of these, turbo boost is the best plan.
Some of the features you will get with A2 hosting are;
- Lite speed based server for super fast speed
- Great live chat and ticket support options
- Excellent security with virus scanning immunify 360, two factors authentication, 24/7 monitoring service
- Free SSL certificate available
- Cloudflare CDN
- Great for developers with custom options
- NvMe SSD is great for performance
- 99.95% uptime claims
How is it comparable with Siteground?
- Litespeed server is an added advantage to improve the speed with A2 hosting.
- You can access cPanel
- A2 Hosting offers shared hosting plans at a much lower price than Siteground.
- With A2 Hosting, you will get unmetered traffic better than Siteground, where you have limited options.
- Both provide unlimited email account hostings
- The staging feature is comparable in both.
- The interface can be upgraded to a more user-friendly option
- You won’t get a Free domain
- Performance and uptime can be improved
- No one-click backup option
Another great option is flywheel as an alternative to Siteground. Flywheel is a web hosting provider by WP engine Inc and offers multiple features comparable to Siteground.
Some features include;
- lightning-fast, reliable site performance with Google cloud collaboration
- Offers auto-healing technology that helps you to fix random or sudden optimization related issues
- Custom cache, namely Flycache
- Free CDN
- Free malware cleanup
- Automatic backups and 1-click restore option
- Expert support for 24/7/365 support
- Tickets support are also available
- 10 Data centers
How is it comparable to Siteground?
- It also provides free migration options.
- An easy to use custom Cpanel dashboard, which might be your preference as an alternative to Siteground.
- Fourteen days demo site trial options and a 60-days money-back guarantee.
- Pricing is a bit higher but reasonable as per the services
- Both Siteground and flywheel has collaboration tools
- Flywheel’s staging environment is better than the staging feature provided by Siteground as per the real users
- Backup and security is quite comparable.
- They don’t provide email hostings
- No domain name registration is available
These are the best alternatives to Siteground. And which will be your top choice is as per the requirements and current issues you are facing with Siteground.
If you want to try cloud hosting services at an affordable price, go for Cloudways. And if you want to invest in a good hosting service, then Kinsta and Flywheel should be your priority.
Otherwise, if you have a budget and want to leave the Siteground hosting because of its increasing price tag, then A2 hosting and Dreamhost are pretty good options.
Let us know if this article is useful while deciding an alternative to Siteground and which will be your choice!